This is a photogaphic blog with a particular focus on walking the Spanish Caminos. Also included are walks in The New Forest, Wales and Southern England.




Embalsa de Alcantara to Canaveral, 28th October


Canaveral

Just a few photos taken on this walk as I was concentrating on
getting back to Caceres then Sevilla and Malaga.

I didn't leave early this morning. I'm in a very remote alburgue and have decided to finish the Camino because of the problem with my foot. The next town, Canaveral (after which Cape Canaveral is named) is where I'm headed to get a bus/train/taxi back to Caceres and then to Malaga. Canaveral is only a 2-3 hour walk from here and I can do that without too much pain (thank you Ibuprofen).

I'm looking forward to Malaga. It has an unfair reputation and gets tarred with the same brush as Torremolinos etc. It does have more European tourists than central Spanish cities but it is, for the most part, typically Spanish. It's the birthplace of Picasso and I particularly want to see the Picasso museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art. And lay on the beach in the sun of course.


In Canaveral there is no train or bus for some hours. I speak to the Guardia Civil and they tell me to find Ceasar the taxi driver and he will take me to Caceres. After a couple of small beers in a very friendly bar Ceasar turns up in his chariot and in 45 minutes I'm back in Caceres.

Ancient Caceres is a good place to kill half a day and I'm familiar with it's streets, having been here several times.

Most transport south has been booked up for the weekend so to get to Malaga via Sevilla I have to take the 5.30am bus from Caceres to Sevilla then a train to Malaga. The kind hospitalera in the hostal volunteers to get up at 4.15 am and book the taxi for me. So many Spanish people have been very kind to me.


No comments: