This is a photogaphic blog with a particular focus on walking the Spanish Caminos. Also included are walks in The New Forest, Wales and Southern England.




Back in England, Tuesday 2nd November.


One of my favourite local walks.
New Forest, Hampshire, England.



So, I'm back in England. All is well and my ankle problem won't stop me from going on walks locally, with a lighter backpack than in Spain.

I badly sprained my ankle back in March and it hasn't been quite right since. Then, last Wednesday between Caceres and Embalsa de Alcantara I twisted it slightly on rocky terrain. Although not particularly disabling I didn't want to be half a day from shelter with an ankle that might get worse so I got a taxi back to Caceres to think about it. Decided on a few days in Malaga and returned to England Sunday night.

Had a great time, spent 18 days walking through a beautiful sunny landscape and met some interesting, colourful people from diverse backgrounds.

As Arnie said "hasta la vista" & "I'll be back"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe Arnie has crept into your blog.
Mind you he is a great actor.
But wouldn't hasta luego be more appropriate???